Isopropyl Alcohol 99.9% of the concentration
This strong smelling, colorless chemical is a common disinfectant and antiseptic. It is used as a tool in medical and cosmetic fields and is a useful, diverse solvent to have at home. Although it is very useful, it is important to understand its proper applications and safety precautions. It is a powerful chemical after all.
Also known as rubbing alcohol, this solvent can be a great product to keep handy for a variety of reasons. Many of which we will explore. You should always make sure you have a good quality alcohol of the right concentration for what you need.
What is isopropyl alcohol 99.9%?
This form of rubbing alcohol is probably the most effective in terms of disinfecting. Different concentrations of the chemical have different benefits and negatives.
● Surprisingly, 99.9% alcohol has one of the highest disinfecting capacities. This is because when over 80% concentration, the chemical is less diluted. The added water in more diluted solutions helps to slow down the dissolving process and help get deeper into the unwanted sheet of bacteria and viruses.
● It is non bleaching and at a good concentration to be used to remove stains.
● It can’t be used in situations where processes are sensitive to water. This is why in industry stronger concentrations or alternative chemicals are used.
● The chemical is alcohol. Hence, it is highly flammable and has safety risks if not handled with care. Always refer to instructions.
● Large amounts of the alcohol can cause poisoning if it comes into contact with skin. It can also cause itching, redness, soreness, drying and in some cases skin corrosion.
Where to use isopropyl alcohol?
Isopropyl alcohol is not a solvent reserved for large scale, licensed commercial use. It has a variety of uses and applications that can be utilized in the home. It can be kept in bathrooms for aiding to small injuries or even to help the healing process of piercings. It can also often be found in the kitchen where refrigerators and surfaces can benefit from its cleansing qualities.
A great use of isopropyl alcohol is in gardening to get rid of plant pests. This improves yields and quality of plants. It is effective in killing insects such as whiteflies which are irritating and potentially hazardous to growing plants. It keeps slugs and snails away from consuming your plants. You can also use it to disinfect garden tools so applications in plant growing areas are very diverse and having some handy is always useful.
The chemical can also be used to get rid of weeds which compete for space, nutrients and light. Getting rid of these weeds and pests will greatly help your ability to grow healthy plants.
Isopropyl alcohol: Precautions and Measures
As with all powerful solvents, isopropyl alcohol requires a level of care and understanding of how to use it properly and safely. There are a number of health and safety factors involved with using this chemical and home use should be dealt with at your own risk.
The user must take a personal responsibility to ensure that no damage can be made to the home or the product that the alcohol is being used on.
● It should always be ensured that the solvent is never ingested. This means keeping it out of reach of children, in a safe and secure place. If ingested or inhaled, this can cause nausea and vomiting, dizziness or even unconsciousness. If ingested water should be drunk to dilute the alcohol. Seek medical attention.
● Isopropyl alcohol should never make contact with eyes. It is advisable to use eye protection if available and to take great care with splashes, and the possibility of transferring the solvent from fingers to the face. If the solution makes contact with eyes they should be rinsed thoroughly with water and remove any contact lenses. Seek medical attention.
● Strong rubbing alcohol solutions should not make contact with skin. This could cause irritation. Although it is generally safe with skin contact, if it continues to itch or sting medical attention should be sought.
● Isopropyl alcohol is highly flammable! They should always kept in the correct conditions and away from anything that could ignite it. It should be kept in the original container. It should be tightly sealed. It should be kept in a cool area away from any open flame, heat or sparks. It is also helpful to ensure the storage area is well ventilated.
Where to purchase Isopropyl Alcohol?
You can buy isopropyl alcohol at Diychemicals.com at a competitive price. It is available to purchase in a variety of sizes from 1 pint to 330 gallons. The starting price for isopropyl alcohol is $16.99.
Here’s why you should choose DIYChemicals for your rubbing alcohol needs:
● Many disinfectants can evaporate during cleaning leaving behind an annoying residue that must be removed to reveal a clean, shiny surface. DIYChemicals’ isopropyl alcohol does not leave behind any residue during evaporation!
● If you have a business or want to use this handy solvent on a larger scale, it’s easy to shoot DIYChemicals a message and they will do their best to specifically cater to your needs and requests.
● DIYChemicals provide the highest quality Isopropyl alcohol. You can be sure you are buying the most effective solution.
● They are one of the most affordably, competitively priced disinfectant products on the market. Save some money without compromising on quality.
● You don’t have to worry about what you are buying or the practices of the company. You will be provided with complete, honest products. If requested we even supply a certificate of analysis.
To conclude, with the proper health and safety precautions isopropyl alcohol in all its forms is an effective and affordable product to disinfect a huge range of items. DIYChemicals produce the highest quality, best priced rubbing alcohol. DIYChemicals’ packaging supplies all of the necessary information to safely use the product. Choose DIYhemicals for the best results.